On this episode of Ask The Tax Attorney, we dive into the world of entrepreneurship and how to protect your business. Our guest speaker, Mari Ribeiro, shares her personal story of becoming an entrepreneur after getting laid off from her job as an attorney. We discuss the importance of having a clear vision for your business and executing it, as well as protecting your brand through trademarking. We also touch on the benefits of automation, the importance of work-life balance, and the risks and rewards of being an entrepreneur. This episode is a must-listen for anyone who wants to protect their business and find success as an entrepreneur.
Listen in to learn more about:
- [00:01:06] Entrepreneurial life chosen, ten-year attorney, got laid off, created own law firm.
- [00:04:53] Take risks even if afraid is required to run your own business.
- [00:06:36] Mari talks about pursuing freedom through entrepreneurship.
- [00:12:10] Entrepreneurs need to execute their vision to create tangible things for the world.
- [00:18:41] Prevent brand copying/theft by using the TM symbol as a warning label.
- [00:24:50] Avoid litigation and rebranding by getting trademark at the beginning.
SPONSORED BY: :
My Tax Alarm. Attention business owners: Don’t let a single tax mistake jeopardize your future success. With My Tax Alarm, you can breathe easy knowing our expert tax professionals are monitoring your tax transcripts every day to catch any potential issues before they become a problem. Stay ahead of the IRS and sleep soundly tonight – join My Tax Alarm today
MARI RIBEIRO BIO:
Mari Ribeiro never expected to become an entrepreneur. After ten years of working as an attorney, she was unexpectedly laid off and felt lost and rejected. Determined to make something of her situation, Mari decided to spruce up her resume and start her own law firm. After two years of hard work and dedication, Mari’s firm took off, and she was able to make a name for herself as the traveling attorney. Now, Mari is a successful business owner and is living her best life.
Connect with Mari https://www.ribeirolawfirm.com/
Connect with Claudia Moncarz:
- Website: https://www.moncarzlaw.com/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@AskTheTaxAttorney
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/claudiamoncarz/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/AskTheTaxAttorney/
LISTEN OR SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE IN YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST APP: