I am a world traveler, mother, number lover, and a great attorney (not to toot my own horn). While admittedly I am not that humble, I am proud to be a caring friend to my clients.
My Global Identity: It’s in the Genes
I was born in Panama City, Panama but my family was not the kind to remain in one country for too long. There was too much of the world to explore. By age eight I had already lived in Panama, Mexico, and the United States. As an adult, I’ve visited numerous countries throughout Europe, South America, and Asia including China, Kuala Lumpur, Vietnam and still counting.
My Love of Numbers: It’s also in the Genes
Even though a love of numbers runs in my family (my grandparents were accountants), I had always shied away from a career related in any way to finance. In fact, my undergraduate major was in English literature. That changed once I got to law school. One summer, I landed an internship working for a criminal judge in Miami, Florida. He quickly realized that I did not want to practice criminal law so he sent me to different divisions to observe other judges.
The week I spent in probate court changed my life. I finally learned what I wanted to do with the rest of my professional life: I was going to be a probate lawyer.
That fall, I shared my new plan with one of my professors. He advised I take a tax course, a recommendation that I reluctantly followed. Thank goodness I did. Studying tax law was like being in nirvana. My love affair with tax law began from that moment.
I guess it was meant to be. After all, it is in genes.
Why You Should Work With Us
Now that you know a little bit about me, let’s talk about what really matters: why you should work with me.
- I am a tax geek. I really, really, really like tax law. Even better? I’m pretty good at it. While most people find it boring and complicated, I find it challenging and fun. I spend my free time making sure I am up-to-date in changes in the tax law and new tax concepts developed by fellow tax professionals.
- Tax issues cannot be ignored. To quote Benjamin Franklin, “In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.” While I can’t help you avoid death, I can help you minimize your tax liability and plan for a business venture or investment in a more tax efficient manner.
- Time is money. You are an expert at what you do. While you could sit down and look through the thousands of pages in the US tax code and determine what works best for you, would you really want to?
- Taxes and the law is my expertise. Your expertise lies in your chosen career, not in trying to decipher tax law and keeping up to date with the latest issues that affect you, your business or your investment. On the other hand, that is my expertise. This is what I am good at.
- I have lived and worked both inside and outside the U.S. I understand the meaning of a global economy and the challenging balancing act of making sure that your investments are tax efficient in multiple jurisdictions.
- My clients are my family and friends. I am a hands-on attorney. I love to see my clients succeed in their business ventures and I hope to be able to make you part of my circle of friends and celebrate your successes with you.
These are the reasons why you should work with me and let me take you to the next level. I look forward to working with you!